Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Painting with limited colours


As mentioned in a previous Blog about painting with limited pallet, today I tried out my theory. The students found it much easier to using only two colours and were getting a little frustrated that they could not put in the shadows.
Yes, we did paint over the painting we had already started. The good thing about doing so many layers of paint is that the images look like they had a depth which is impossible to achieve with only one or two layers of paint.

Next steps of learning:
Next week when the painting are dry I will teach them to do dry brush painting. This way the paint will be easier to apply in limited areas of their portrait.

Comment for students:
"I made my face look roundish by curving the colours with brush strokes." Paul

"I made my painting look better by painting over my guidelines." Sky

No comments: